Thursday, June 23, 2011

SUM 11: Day 24


Hebrews 13:4; Ephesians 5:1-3

Sexual immorality has no place among Christians. At several different times, I began the workout program “P90X,” but the longest I made it is the start of the third week. I’ve thought about my lack of commitment to the program, and I’ve figured out why I drop out.

I have to sacrifice too much to do P90X the right way, so I quit early to save myself the hardship of giving up ice cream and Mountain Dew. Therefore, I continue to have high cholesterol and a weight problem.

Sexual immorality is like P90X for a lot of people. They feel like they are giving up so much or “missing out” on something by keeping themselves pure. God is clear about what is best for us. He is clear about what he expects from us as followers of Christ, to be free from sexual sin.

Pray: Thank God for giving you clear direction in Scripture about what He wants for you. Thank Him for giving you a way out when temptation comes. Ask Him to forgive you for any sin that is in your life. Ask Him to help you to love Him more than anyone else in this world.

Do: If you are in a relationship where you are guilty of sexual sin, end the relationship now. Regardless of your current relationship status, vow to keep yourself pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment