Thursday, June 23, 2011

SUM 11: Day 20


1 Corinthians 10:6-13

When tempted, we must not indulge in sexual relations. God will provide a way out! Have you ever been in a situation where you felt there was no way out? I’ve been in a couple of those situations in my life. One that comes to mind happened when I was in college. I was dating someone for a long time, and we were getting too “friendly,” physically. In the moment, she wanted to “go all the way,” but I said, “Only when we are married.” At that point, I shut things down for the evening.

Long story short: She was upset that I didn’t love her enough to go through with it at that moment. Longer story short: We didn’t end up getting married. Even longer story short: I’m so glad God provided me a way out! I had made a commitment long before that night that I would wait until marriage to have sex. He reminded me of that commitment when I was in “the heat of the moment.”

He will do the same for you!

Pray: Thank God for promising you that He will provide a way out when you are tempted! Ask Him to help you make wise decisions when it comes to who you date and the standards you set as a couple.

Do: If you have not already done so, make a commitment to God that you will wait to have sex
(any kind of sexual activity) until your wedding night! If you have already experimented with sex, choose now to stop and wait until your honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment