Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SUM 11: Day 18

Romans 5:1-11

Respect for God: He is worthy! Reconciliation is a big word, with an even bigger meaning and impact. According to the World English Dictionary, to reconcile is “to become friendly with.” Debtors “become friendly” with those they owe once they pay back the money they borrowed. We “become friendly” with God only through paying the price for our offense toward Him! The amazing news is that Christ pays the price for us. He offers to clear our debt once and for all through His sacrificial death. All we have to do is trust in Him.

He paid for you.

His great love for us is what changes us and causes us to worship Him. His Spirit within us propels us to desire Him, to pursue Him, to honor Him. True respect doesn’t come from duty or obligation, nor does it come based on something that someone has done; true respect comes from a reverence and honor for who a person is. And that comes through “being friendly” with God, which He makes possible.

Read: Romans 5:1-11. Read it again, this time looking for characteristics that describe who God is.

Pray: “God, You have come to give me new life. I don’t have to try and gain my way to You through things I do; but because of Christ’s death on the cross, now He lives within me. I have been chosen! Help me to live out who You have made me to be
– an ambassador for Christ. Show me how to live out a life of reconciliation just as You reconciled me to You.”

Do: Write or draw ways Christ has saved you from who you were to who you are today.

Challenge: Study the way Jesus walked on earth. He did some pretty crazy and challenging stuff, but, most of all, He just spent time with people. How can you spend time with those who you know are not reconciled with Christ?

"

No comments:

Post a Comment